“4525 photos imported.” Whew. Not the biggest collection of photos, but enough to test my setup.
My requirements were:
- Gather photos at several locations (Windoze PC’s) into one central media repository
- Leave the photos at the original locations
- Anticipate some maintenance of photos at the original locations
- Use gallery (a great LAMP webapp) to manage the central media repository of photos
- Management should include creation of a public directory for shared photos
- Minimize duplication on the media repository
Yikes. Well, here are details on my best shot at this.